The colors are fading here in New York and this weekend we turned the clocks back. Time for mulled cider and sitting by fires. This month, we want to bring to your attention:
- Welcome two new Board Directors
- Announcing two *new* Member Benefits
- Summary of the October Membership Survey
New Directors! ATHNA is very pleased to announce the appointments of Jacqueline C. Mier RN, BSN, CTH® and Candace Sandal DNP, MBA, APRN- NPC, COHN-S, FAAOHN to three year terms on the Board of Directors, effective November 2. Both accomplished nurses bring a wealth of unique experience to ATHNA and help insure that a diversity of travel health practice sites is well represented on the Board. In December we will post their bios on our website. Congratulations Jackie and Candace!
Two Recently Added Members Only Benefits:
In response to member requests, we have added two new members-only benefits:
- Look on the homepage to see our new ATHNACareerCenter where employers and members can post -free of charge- professional opportunities and interests.
- Travel Health Nurses are Asking - this is a new bimonthly feature created in response to YOUR requests. On the 1st and 15th of each month we will provide short answers to one or two member questions. "Same Day Rule and Oral Typhoid" is the first topic. Alternate rabies scheduling will be the next. Have a question you'd like answered? Send it to email@example.com.
CE Program: We have a BlogCE waiting for your participation. Offering more CE has been a request from many members. We heard you! We invite you to participate in this new initiative.
Internship: ATHNA is seeking an upper level undergraduate or graduate student to assist us in the development of a comprehensive marketing campaign. Please encourage qualified candidates to apply for this paid, part-time position that begins Spring Semester 2018. Great opportunity to build a resume.
October Membership Survey
The results are in. We want to thank the 65 members who responded. Great participation! There were many valuable comments and we are already implementing your suggestions. Your responses will help the Board with 2018 strategic planning. But remember, you don't need a survey to let us know how we can make ATHNA valuable to you as a member and nursing professional. Just send us your thoughts anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.