Click here for archives of past articles.
Why Join ATHNA?
- Seasonal ATHNA NEWSLETTERS providing the latest in-depth info relevant to your practice
- Access to the ATHNA MEMBERSHIP Directory, a great resource for professional networking
- Updated STANDING ORDERS that you can adapt for your individual work setting
- Eligible to apply for a TRAVEL GRANT to present research at a national or international professional meeting
- Regular UPDATES of travel health nursing news, courses, and conferences
What ATHNA Can Do For You
"As a nurse new to the specialty of travel medicine, ATHNA has proven to be a useful resource, providing me with relevant on line sources and links to help advance my knowledge and practice. The ATHNA toolkit was a helpful foundation that guided us in establishing documentation and practices for our newly created family travel clinic." - Debra Louch, RN (Canada)
"ATHNA supports me in my role as an RN working exclusively in travel health. With ATHNA's resources, I have been able to enhance my knowledge and expertise, connect with other travel health nurses in the local area, and advocate for my specialty. An organization such as ATHNA helps an individual's professional growth." - Pao-Hsia Yeh, RN (U.S.)
"Nurses provide a valuable service to our traveling patients. It is great to belong to an organization that recognizes our unique needs and the role that we play in providing the best care possible." - Lynn Grassman, RN (U.S.)
Travel Health Nursing is a growing nursing specialty devoted to the care of the international traveler. The mission of the American Travel Health Nurses Association is to promote excellence in travel health nursing practice, education, and research in North America.
ATHNA is tax-exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the US Internal Revenue Service and is registered with the NY State Charities Bureau.